Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oh it's on!

My husband and I are not normally competitive except when leveling our WoW characters. When we initially bought the game, there wasn't much competition as we were creating our characters, getting to know their classes and the nuances of the game. But as we grew competent, the competitive edge grew as well. There was the race to level 60 between my rogue and his hunter and then when the Burning Crusades expansion came out, there was the race to 70 between my rogue and his warrior . The competition was light hearted and took form in teasing and looking over each other's shoulder at the experience bar while the other was playing.
Once we hit 70 we started raiding and my restoration druid became my primary character and my rogue was demoted to the "alt" status. When Wrath of the Lich King came out in November, Dan was in love with his shaman and I knew there was no way I was going to beat him to 80. I was right. My husband blew me out of the water. Not only did he level his shaman to 80, but his paladin as well. I was slow in getting my druid to 80, but I was herbing, enchanting, thoroughly reading the quest lines, not just plowing through them in order to reach 80. For me it was about quality. I was also piddling with my rogue in fishing, cooking, skinning, questing and doing dailies.

Once my druid hit 80, Prom was poking me to do dungeon runs and the two of us were off in the worlds of Nexus, Utgarde Keep, Pinnacle, Halls of Lighting and Stone. Within the last few weeks we began doing the heroic mode of dungeon runs and it's not uncommon for us to hit 3-4 dungeons each night. I have also discovered the wonder of Wintergrasp and like a junkie, need to have my "Wintergrasp" fix at least once a day.

So with the heroic dungeons, pvp battles and now Naxx, Obsidian Sanctuary and Eye of Eternity raiding, my rogue had dust settling on her shoulders, though she is a respectable 78. Earlier this week I decided to brush the dust off and begin questing again. Dan has been questing with his warrior as well and yesterday I commented that his warrior was beginning to catch up to my rogue and I had better get cracking. Yesterday his warrior was 77. I came home from work this afternoon and found him at 79. What the hell? How long was I gone?

Tonight Dan logged off and looked at me with a mischievous grin and commented that maybe he would work on his warrior tomorrow and get him up to 80. I narrowed my eyes and reminded him that he WAS supposed to be going out of town tomorrow and pointed out that he hadn't even begun packing.

Oh it's on flyboy. It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment