Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Things About Me

This has been going around the Facebook community. I decided to post mine on the ole' blog.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1) I am a quotation hound. When I'm in the bookstore, card store or any type of gift shop, I will look for quotes and write the ones that resound within me.

2) I'm also a TV rerun junkie. Right now Fraiser, Seinfeld, Stargate SG-1 and King of Queens are on the roster but I also love Matlock, Bernie Mac, King of the Hill and Star Trek Next Generation.

3) Everyone knows I love birds but my Grandma was indirectly responsible for my passion. She had parakeet that we played with growing up.

4) I keep lists, phone numbers and dates of events on scratches of paper, notebooks, the back of receipts and whatever paper I can find. And then I wonder why I lose them.

5) I am the QUEEN of procrastination. The bigger the project or the more intimidated I am by the project, the longer it stays on the backburner.

6) I have ADD. I think this explains #4 and 5

7) I love traveling. A few of my dream destinations include Alaska (again), the Galapagos Islands, Australia, Scotland and Ireland.

8) I'm a SciFi/Fantasy girl, always have been, but didn't realize this fact until I met my husband. Growing up I had so many Star Wars figurines, played Star Wars with the boys in the neighborhood. In my early adulthood I picked up reading fantasy books.Then I was introduced to the world of D&D gaming and it all fell together.

9) I have a secret dream of getting my fiction published.

10) I am a spiritual person though my relationship with my Creator and the spirits ebbs and flows.

11) I hate wearing makeup because it makes my face look oily. I've tried all types and brands of makeup over the years and it all has the same effect. So I only wear makeup during special occasions.

12) I can't decide which habitats I love more; the desert, mountains or the ocean. It is truly a tug of war within my soul. LOL.

13) I am very much a loner. I love my alone time and find it difficult to explain why being with friends/family for more than a few hours becomes emotionally draining.

14) I HATE talking on the phone.

15) If I'm reading a good book, sometimes I will skip ahead and read passages and yes, read the end. :P

16) If the book I'm reading is REALLY good, I will plow through it, but slow down something fierce the last 30 pages or so. I don't want the story to end!

17) I shower with the lights off. I usually shower in the morning and there's a window in the bathroom that throws out enough light. Why waste electricity?

18) I hate Wife Swap and American Idol-type reality TV, but gobble up programs like Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch and Ice Truckers. Are those programs considered documentary reality TV?

19) I enjoy reading career (medicine, teaching, etc) and family-type blogs. The teacher and parents with small kids bloggers usually have funny stories.

20) I wish I could have been more accepting of my sister and her lifestyle before she died, instead of acting judgmental and trying to change her. Maybe things would have been different.

21) I used to hate eating fish but now enjoy the taste of it.

22) I LOVE chocolate and HATE sharing it.

23) I admit to enjoying burp and fart humor. I know it's juvenile, but the sounds get me howling with laughter.

24) I am a worrywart and can sometimes worry to the point I make myself sick, though I don't do that as often as I did when younger.

25) I LOVE taking naps. But who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment